

. . .new to me anyway. Since Steve's grandma sold her house, we went over there last night to help go through things. I brought home an old quilt (which needs a little repair, but looks great), a box of silverware (which I think at least some of it is real silver), a sewing box, and some other things. As we were all leaving after dark, Egghead was by the driveway. It kind of made me sad. I think they've found someone who wants her and will take care of her. (For those of you who don't know, Egghead is the outside cat that came along a few years ago, and Steve's grandpa named her Egghead.) But just cleaning out the house and getting rid of things. Kind of sad. But we're getting a lot of nice things. I'm so grateful we can have a few family keepsakes. Steve has made more than one comment about the fact that we're building a new house, but I want to fill it with old things. Yes, I do. I like old things.
No comments:
Post a Comment