Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The difference between khaki brown and navajo beige



We picked out the color siding we wanted for our house a few weeks ago. We decided on khaki brown. Steve ordered a few pieces from Ridout, which they promptly delivered. I asked Steve if he ordered the khaki brown. I really didn't think I needed to ask, but I thought just in case. Anyway, I first saw it out there in our driveway at night, after dark, and it didn't look very khaki to me, but I thought it would look better in the light. Then Steve tells me, oh that's not khaki brown. It's navajo beige. ??? Where did navajo beige come from, I wondered. We never even talked about that color. He said they didn't have khaki brown unless we special ordered it, which would take longer. So he picked the one that was closest to it. My thinking was, that's the color we want, we need to special order it. I guess men just think differently. Anyway, to make a long story longer, we went together back to Ridout to look at the colors. There was a display thing that had lots of colors, and only 4 that they carried that would not have to be special ordered. Can you guess what color one of those 4 was? That's right! Khaki brown! Anyway, now we have our khaki brown siding, and started putting some up last week, and it's looking very nice, and it's not navajo beige. Steve is still learning how important it is to me how things look in and outside our house. Am I the only one that thinks the two colors are not even close?

No comments: