Monday, February 25, 2008

Trench digging

Sorry I've been neglectful of my blog the last week or so. Bad me. So these pictures are actually from last weekend. We rented a ditch witch, and Steve & Jimmy dug the trenches for our permanent electric and water lines. Unfortunately, the electric line is deep enough, so they have to fix that.


Where Jimmy is in this picture is right about where I got my leg stuck in the mud. They buried the pipe last weekend, but the ground was still soft, and it rained a couple of times last week. Friday night I took Steve some dinner after I got off work like I always do like a good wife. It was dark, and I don't see well at night, and there are no lights outside of our garage right now. I stepped on a soft, muddy spot and got my leg stuck in the mud half way to my knee. I called for Steve to come and help me out until I was almost hoarse. I thought I could pull my foot out of my shoe, and just get the shoe out later. I couldn't even do that. But I was finally able to get out of the mud and went inside with me leg covered in mud. Steve's response, "What did you do?" sigh.


No comments: