Monday, April 28, 2008

The last house update. . . .

. . .at least the last one until after we're moved in. Saturday Steve and Jimmy worked on the wood floor and finished up the living room and hallway. All of our interior doors were delivered Friday, and I took a picture of all of the doors standing in our garage, and I forgot to get the picture off the camera.


They put in our porch posts, which I painted yesterday. I also painted some baseboards, which we didn't get around to getting in yet.



I painted our refrigerator. It was pretty easy, and I think it looks really good. Now it will match our other appliances. I was annoyed with Steve for taking this one. I don't like having my picture taken.


Here's our refrigerator after its makeover. It's made the transformation from Steve's grandma's frig to our refrigerator. I took this picture after it rained, so some dirt splattered on the bottom, so the little spots will come off.


Here's the porch posts after I painted them. Most of the anyway. It started raining, and I just need to get the ladder out there and paint the tops. The color is called Southern Shadow (from Glidden). It's the same color as our siding, but a few shades lighter. I know it looks white, but it's not. It's Souther Shadow. I feel better knowing it's a color besides white.




And Steve finished up the last of the wood floor this weekend. This is in the other hallway. He was getting irritated with me when I was taking these pictures. I'm very meticulous with things like this and having a pattern, or in the case of our wood floor, not having a pattern. I was giving him a hard time about the length of different pieces so it would look more random. I'm weird. We have two more boxes of flooring left that we can return, along with a bunch of other stuff we need to return to Lowe's and Home Depot. We should really get a frequent shopper discount or a punch card or something. But we've been able to use a lot of coupons and price matching. I think we've saved over $1000 just with coupons alone!


3 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Wow -- so exciting that you're almost there! Congrats! :o)

The Lady of the Holler said...

And your porch posts are white ;o)

Jennifer said...

haha!! Yes, they're almost white. :):):)