Friday, July 18, 2008

Post-surgery news and an update with a chandelier picture

I'm back at work today, and well on my way to recovery. My surgery went very well, and I just have to go back to the doctor once more in a couple of weeks.

This week I finally found fabric for our living room windows. Steve has gotten impatient waiting for me to decide what I want, and put sheets and towels up in the windows. I hope I can get those up this weekend. We now have a garage door at our house. Our cat Gizmo got out into the garage last night for the first time. I brought him back in, and he howled and got up on his hind legs and pawed at the door. I thought it was pretty funny. Here is where I would post a picture of our garage door if I had one. I was happy to use my remote to close the garage door when I left. It was very exciting. And Steve got our dining room chandelier up. Remember that off-whitish yard sale chandelier I got for $10? I finally finished getting the old paint on and putting a fresh coat on, and Steve wired it last night. And it works! It looks much better black. Apparently it was originally black, someone painted it off white, and I wanted to get back to black. Here's where I would post a picture of my new and improved chandelier. But Steve tends to leave the camera places, and sometimes I can't find it. So I'll add pictures later. (Updated to add picture)


We're an example of what happens when two people who love to take lots of pictures get married. We're always struggling over the camera with each other. Many of you know how I like to take lots of pictures. Steve takes sooo many more than I do, if you can believe it, and he takes good pictures. But for now you'll just have to imagine how our chandelier and garage door look. I'll post pictures later.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: