Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dining room

I hesitate to call it a dining room because it's not really a room, but you know what I mean. Saturday night we had our first dinner at our new table. Actually I think it was our first time actually eating in the dining room at all. I know that's bad, but until a couple weeks ago we didn't have a light there, and I still had a lot of stuff sitting on the table waiting for a more permanent home, and Steve was keeping some of his tools there. Target had a lot of their stuff at the dollar spot for 50% off. I got some small wodden hangers, which I'll post pictures of what I did with those soon. Anyhoo, I got these cute lemon wedge ice things that we used Saturday (notice the colorful glasses). But Steve still wanted his can of Sprite. Oh well. :) This weekend I'm going to work more on our china cabinet (another yard sale find). It will go on the long wall of the dining area/room where the air compressor now sits. I started stripping the paint off the cabinet Saturday. It has five, yes five, different colors on it! These include red, blue, green, gold (on the top piece only), and white. Gold? I'm not sure what someone was thinking when she painted the top piece only in gold. Maybe she painted the whole top and decided she didn't like it and painted the whole piece green, and later white. I'm not sure. All painted over the varnish that was never sanded off and the hardware. It's looking better, and I'm hoping to finish getting all the paint off this weekend. There's so much I would love to store in it, and it will look so nice decorated for fall this year!

No comments: