Friday, October 17, 2008

Race for the Cure

Finally posting these pictures. This was the first time I'd done the Race for the Cure. I really enjoyed it. I walked with two others from work.

This is Capitol Street in Little Rock. We were walking to where the race started.


And this is when they were getting everyone warmed up and excited for the race to start. There were over 45,000 women in the race this year!


And here is where they did the hog call. The guy said something like, Let's do the call that gets everyone excited. And I had no idea what he was talking about. After a couple of rounds of everyone yelling "Wooooo!!!!" and raising the hands up in the air, figured out it was the hog call. As you can tell, I'm not a big football fan.



This was after the race started. We didn't move for about 10 minutes, so I took some pictures. It was a sea of pink in every direction.


This is before we crossed the first bridge. When we crossed, it was rocking and swaying. I thought I was getting dizzy at first until Beverly said it was swaying. I thought it was me!



This was when we crossed the bridge. Everything had slowed down to almost a stop for some reason.


Here's the capitol building once again. On one corner we passed the McCain Palin office and all of the supporters with their signs, and Beverly and I cheered. Then we passed the corner where the Obama supporters were. Notice the signs in the bottom of this picture. And then Chassie, head Obama fan at my branch, cheered for them.


I've always thought it would be neat to have pictures of the capitol buildings across the country. So now I have one down, and 49 to go. This building looks awesome in Christmas lights!

No comments: