This is what I found one of the kitchen cabinets Friday morning. I heard a mouse a couple of months ago one night when I was sleeping in the recliner before Rebecca was born. I had horrible heartburn, and if I laid down it always came back no matter how many Tums I took. I thought I was dreaming at first, but I definitely heard something moving in the attic and walls that night! I don't think Steve believed me. I must admit, that I agreed with him on one point. We have two cats. Surely if there was a mouse around, they would have killed it already. We did see Nova with a mouse a few months ago outside. She had it in her mouth, but let it go, then seemed to be playing with it. Maybe it was a show, maybe they've made a bargain with each other. Kind of like Garfield.
Now the offending rodent has left evidence of his or her presence. The unbeliever is coming home with a trap tonight. I do kind of feel bad for giving the mouse such a harsh sentence for eating my baker's chocolate. But it has to be done. More to come on the fate of our mouse with a sweet tooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment