Thursday, May 20, 2010

Birds

Here's pictures of our newest house guests, of the feathered kind that is. My cousin Amanda was here for a few days this week visiting us from Florida. So I guess she is the newest guest since the birds have been here for a few days. A few weeks ago we saw the mother and father building a nest on top of this motion sensor light, which we never use. (That's another story.) At least someone is using it now. A couple of times they actually flew in our garage, and I thought that's where they had decided to build a nest. Fortunately they were building their nest outside the garage. Otherwise there would be no one left in this bird family, as I'm sure the cats would have caught them. And few days ago we heard the chirping of four hungry baby birds. So tiny and cute, in a goofy looking way.

ETA: I guess all of our baby birds have left the nest. One jumped out before it could fly, and wandered off into the woods. One jumped out but stayed close to the nest, only to be found by Nova. I haven't seen the other two in the last couple of days, so I guess they've left too.


No comments: