Monday, August 1, 2011

Rebecca's birthday party

It's better late than never I guess, but here's some pictures of Rebecca's birthday party. It was lot of fun! We had a water game and some water balloons and other typical birthday stuff. Most of the food was centered around the Strawberry Shortcake theme. We had Blueberry Muffins, Plum Pudding (which was actually blueberry, but it looked kind of purply), Custard (yogurt), Raspberry Tart sandwiches (pb & raspberry jelly), lemon bars, Orange Blossom punch, Lem n Ada, Tea n Honey, and of course Strawberry Shortcake. :)

I used mostly things I had on hand, and gave Rebecca a couple of vintage Strawberry Shortcake books to display on the tables. We hung vintage sheets from the deck, 2 of the 3 sheets have sold on ebay now. I don't have a picture of the goody table, but that's it on the right side of the picture below. I found a Strawberry Shortcake lamp at a yard sale for .25 cents! So of course I had to have that for the party and put it on the goody table.

This was the drink table. I found these curtains at a flea market and used them as a table cloth. I already sold them on ebay and got a little more than what I paid, so I was happy.

The strawberry shortcake desert was in little jars. I got a vintage Strawberry Shortcake lunch box at a flea market that I'm selling on ebay now, and I should get at least what I payed for it. I found the strawberry sheet at a thrift store, and I just sold it on ebay.


Here you can see the tissue paper poms I made. I used tissue paper from a church baby shower and some my sister gave me. And I really like how the ruffled streamers looked. They were so cheap and easy to do! My sewing machine hasn't worked right in a while, and it could even handle them.

Naomi made the cake. She said it was melted because it was soooo hot. But a melted cake by Naomi is better than any cake I would make.


This was a fun game the kids played. Each team had a bucket to fill up with water using their bottle thingy I made. I cut the tops off of 2 two liter bottles and put holes in them.




Then there were water balloons. Joy filled about 60 water balloons for me, and my friend Nancy offered to bring some too. Nancy arrived with 200 water balloons! Nancy's stayed outside and stayed warm, but Joy's were in our basement until we were ready for them. Joy's were cooooold! But it was a lot of fun!




No comments: