Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sauce recipe

Monday night we had a bunch of family at our house for dinner and I fixed chicken kabobs with this sauce. Everyone loved the sauce, so I thought I would post it here for them to have and so I won't lose it. I got it from here.

  • 1 cup of ketchup
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1 tbs yellow mustard
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 lemon juiced
  • 1/2 fresh pineapple, chopped
Add the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, and lemon juice together in a small pan. Cook for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring often. Thread the chicken and pineapple pieces onto the skewers, alternating the chicken and pineapple. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Pour half of the sauce into a small bowl then brush the skewers with the sauce and grill.

No comments: