I made this this weekend for us, and it was really good. Another WW recipe, and only 5 points!
1 cup apple cider or juice
1 firm apple, cored & cut in 8 wedges
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves, crumbled
4 (4 oz.) think-sliced skinless chicken breasts (1/4 in. thick)
When I made it, I used my Pampered Chef apple, corer, peeler, slicer for my apples. I can't give much guidance as far as the directions. My sweet hubby helped me out by making copies of some recipes, but he cut part of this one off. But here's what I do have:
1. Line the broiler rack with foil; preheat the broiler. In a medium nonstick saucepan, mix the apple cider, syrup, and thyme; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the apple is tender and the sauce is reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
2. Place the chicken on the broiler rack and brush on both sides with the maple mixture, broil 4 inches from the heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and brush the top with the remaining maple mixture until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Serve with the apple wedges on the side.
I edited this to add the parts I was missing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment