Thursday, January 18, 2007

Freezin' Season



I'm finally getting over being sick. I've had strep throat (yes, again!). I never had it before I got married. Steve must be a carrier! :)

We haven't had anyone come to our Sunday school class yet. Since that class hasn't had a teacher in a few months, we think everyone has found somewhere else to go, or just quit going to church. But we're going to make some contacts and hopefully get the class back up again. Steve is going to be teaching on finances to start off.

As far as our house goes, we've gone to another bank since the other one wasn't moving very fast, and this time things seem to be moving along quickly, and kind of forgot about us at one point. Hopefully soon I'll start posting pictures of the progress on our house!

It's been unusually warm here, but the last few days have been a lot cooler. My family in South Florida is still having 80 degree temps, and running the a/c (neener, neener, neener!) :) The picture is from the rocks behind the credit union where I work. When we get a good rain, there's a little waterfall down the hill. The picture was actually taken a few weeks ago, so now there's even more ice on it. In honor of the return of winter here in Arkansas, I'm posting a little poem.

I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first it wet the bed.

That's about all that's going on with us. Not a whole lot.

No comments: