
My parents are trying to sell their house in Florida, the house I grew up in, the house they've lived in for 25 years, the house we moved to when I was 4 years old. The house where we had slumber parties and opened Christmas presents in front of the bright lights of my Dad's super 8 movie film camera. Last week I asked my sister to take some pictures of the house for me. Pictures of the doorknob on the door of my old room, the heavy metal door knocker on the front door, the mailbox. She did really good, actually, taking pictures of lots of things I had forgotten all about. I know, I'm a dork. But I really want to remember all those little things I grew up around in our old house, things I didn't think much of at the time. Joy thinks I'm a dork too, but I think she secretly thinks it's a good idea. Don't you, Joy? :)
1 comment:
I think that's a great idea. You'll both be really glad she did that one day.
Post a Comment