Saturday, February 28, 2009

Move to Arkansas, day one

Well my family left Florida Friday morning to join us in Arkansas. Justin had a grand old time running up and down the ramp of the moving truck. This kid LOVES trucks, so the fact that there were not one, but two big trucks (one at Granny and Grampy's house, and on at his house) was very exciting for him.


Daddy locking the front door for the last time. :( I wish I could have been there one last time. He's still unsure of this big move half way across the country. But I think they will all love Arkansas as much as we do.


Mom and Justin waiting to leave. I think she was actually on the phone with me here.


And finally on their way out. They got off to a late start. They planned to leave at 7:00 and left at 9:00. They hit a lot of that South Florida traffic I was so glad to move away from, and there was some kind of boat fire or something on the turnpike. But even with two moving trucks, each towing a car, two additional vehicles, five adults, a three year, and an 8 month old, they made it to Tifton, GA last night. They wanted to get a little farther, but they stopped at Steak & Shake for some dinner where Daddy was falling asleep at the table! I don't know if they'll make it the rest of the way today, but they'll be here by tomorrow.

No comments: