I realize this picture is from a while ago, but our driveway looks pretty much the same. We do have more grass in the yard, since we no longer have bulldozers, tractors, or cement trucks pulling in and out of our yard. But we still don't have gravel in the driveway. It's still dirt. So you can imagine the dirt we get in our house, in the garage, on our clothes, in the car. . . .it's everywhere. I won't even go into how muddy it gets after it rains. We had a plain rug at the garage door, which is where we usually come in and out of. But it did little to keep dirt out of the house. I was constantly sweeping and sweeping and sweeping and. . . I tried to introduce a no shoes policy inside the house. Everyone seemed okay with that except for Steve. Rebel. So I bought this fabulous door mat for about $10.

Ours says 'Bless this Home', but you can see what I mean. Since getting my wonderful doormat, it has really really cut down on the dirt in the house! And as a result, cut down on the sweeping and sweeping and sweeping and. . . I love it! It's a simple thing, but it makes me happy. Now we need to work out something to keep dirt out of the car. I dream of someday having gravel in our driveway. Someday. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment