Monday, June 15, 2009

Shower gifts

There were two baby showers for us this weekend. There are lots of pictures of the actual shower. Joy has them on her camera and I haven't gotten them yet. Besides that, I'm so tired, I think this is all the pictures I can do for now. You can check Joy's facebook page to see the other pictures.

Saturday was the family shower at Libby's house, which Holly and Libby organized. It was hot since the electricity still wasn't back on from Friday's storm, but it was still a good time and Rebecca got lots of nice things.


Naomi made a diaper cake which is really cute. I hate to take it apart!


And yesterday afternoon was the church shower where Rebecca got clothes, picture frames, blankets, clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, diapers, clothes. . . .She officially has more clothes than I do. But they're all so cute!


And this is one of my favorite gifts. It's an heirloom dress that Miss Rosie made. She made a slip to go with it, and she said she will embroider Rebecca's name on it. It's so delicate and beautiful!


And Nana's gift arrived today from Florida. Very cute stuff! Rebecca has lots of dresses, girly outfits and bows, so there will be no mistaking that this child is a girl! I've had a this paranoia that someone will think she's a boy. :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

You can dress her in a hot pink outfit with a beautiful pink bow in her hair and some old man at the mall will walk up and say, "Well, what a handsome boy you've got there!" Yes, that happened to us with Beth!! :)

jphinson said...

Ha! You know how many times I have Sarah dressed up in all pink and someone asks if she's a boy?!?! LoL!

Jennifer said...

ha! That's funny! I can see that happening to us! :)