More pictures to come on my finished cubes.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Cubes!
On our recent trip to Florida, while visiting our friends the Hazelwoods, Amanda introduced me to these fabulous cubes. I thought they were really nice, then she told me what she paid for them. ONE dollar!!! A DOLLAR!!! Then I thought they were fantastic! My mind was reeling with the possibilities. I had to find a way to get some of these! Unfortunately the store she got them at, Solomon's, was closed the entire week we were there. But Amanda was willing to pick some up for me when they were open. So then I just had to get them back to Arkansas somehow. My sweet mother in-law was willing to store them for me for a little while. But I was hoping she wouldn't need to and that I could get started on using them. Enter my sister Joy. It just so happened that Joy was going to Disney World two weeks after our Jacksonville trip, and she offered to pick them up. Of course, I had also promised her some cubes, so she may have been hoping to claim them all as her own. . . . :) Anyway, I got my 10 cubes and gave six to Joy.
I put one together Tuesday since I'll leave some of them plain. They are solid wood and can be painted, stained, etc. There are doors that go with them, but Solomon's didn't have any. Each cube has one open side and three sides that have a panel that is the perfect size for a 12x12 sheet of paper. I'll put paper in some, pictures in some. I know they're designed mainly for storage, but I think they'll be great night stands, end tables, etc.
Here's what some of Lisa Bearnson and Becky Higgin's cubes look like.
More pictures to come on my finished cubes.
More pictures to come on my finished cubes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those things are seriously only a $1???? Were they on clearance or something?? I want some!
Post a Comment