Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rebecca this month


  • She still LOVES books! Especially two books in particular. It's so cute when she toddles over to me carrying a book. I love that!
  • She got another tooth last week, but I didn't notice it until this past Wednesday. She was really crabby all week, then I happened to notice a new tooth on the top.
  • She likes getting her teeth brushed and likes to help sometimes.
  • Every Sunday after church, she loves to run around the whole place. Fortunately for me Matea, a girl at our church who is about 10 years old, absolutely loves Rebecca. She follows her around and plays with her.
  • I put her hair up in pig tails yesterday, and did she look cute! Of course I took pictures.
  • She loves running in circles around our living room/kitchen wall. We have a partial wall between the living room and the kitchen. She runs and runs around it chasing me, her Daddy, or the cat. The cat doesn't usually play along.
  • When she's in a mood to run and play, she does NOT want to be held.
  • She's been saying "no no" more this week. Usually after I tell her no, she repeats it.
  • She loves the shapes toy I got her a couple of weeks ago. She'll bring the cube of shapes over to me to play with her. She doesn't get them in the holes, but she likes to push them in. So I'll hold it over the right spot, and she pushes. Lots of entertainment for her, and for only .10 cents!
  • She is into everything lately! Always finding new things she never noticed or ever bothered. I'll be glad when she help me clean up her messes, because she is definitely making some big ones these days.
  • She seems pretty clumsy. She'll just be standing and fall over for no apparent reason. Or sometimes she trips on her own feet. Hope she grows out of it and doesn't get the clumsiness from my family! We're a very clumsy family!
  • She has been putting things in this basket a lot. Random things. Toys, books, the tv remote, snacks. At least she isn't pulling it off the table. (see picture above, I can't get it moved around for some reason.)
  • She brings me stuff all the time, shoes, coasters, anything she finds around the house.
  • She doesn't use a pacifier any more. She was fussier than normal at bedtime for the first couple of nights, but she's fine without it now.
  • She's 13 months old and now weighs 23 pounds and is 30 1/2 inches long.

No comments: