Thursday, September 30, 2010

Monthly Rebecca news

I know I haven't posted anything in a few days. I've been busy working on some projects. I'd say more about those, but then Christmas presents wouldn't be much of a surprise. :)

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago. I took this because her hair is getting a little curly.


  • She has picked up a lot of words this month. She now says Mommy, Daddy, uh-oh, kitty, thank you, weeeeeee! (she picked that up from Jackson), please, bye bye, no, yes, beep beep, juice, book, yum yum (when she's hungry), and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting.
  • She wants to bring me everything she finds all over the house. And for a week or so, she said "thank you" every single time. It sounded more like "dae doo".
  • She has FIVE teeth! This time last month, she had just gotten her second tooth. Lately she seems to think this means she can somehow put more food in her mouth at one time.
  • She just started saying kitty every time she sees one of our cats. She says it in a high squeaky voice because she gets so excited when she sees Gizmo. She doesn't like Nova as much, and Nova feels the same way. They usually leave each other alone. Nova is not as friendly.
  • Steve has been gone a lot going to candidate forums, and fundraisers, etc. Rebecca has been protesting these by getting very upset anytime he shows signs of leaving: putting his shoes on, walking towards the door, giving her a kiss.
  • She is waving more now. She did it for the first time months ago, but I guess she decided she was bored with it or something. But lately she has been waving bye-bye more.
  • Whenever she sees our Pastor at church, she walks up to him with her hand out to shake his. She seems to be very friendly with little visitors too. She gave another little girl a hug who was visiting our church a couple of weeks ago.
  • I finally got her to say yes. It's always no, no, no. It doesn't matter what I ask, she says nooooo. But I got her to say yes yesterday.

No comments: